Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

In 1994 2Pac Talked About Urban Problems That Fueled His Angry Lyrics. Has Anything Changed? (Video)

Video inside
It's 2015 and the problems between the police and the urban community seem to be getting worse and the divide between the haves and the have nots has widened.
In a 1994 interview Tupac Shakur talked about the problems plaguing society and what motivated him to make hard hitting music.
If you didn't know this interview was over two decades old you would think it was a present day activist giving you a glimpse into a world of hopelessness many find themselves living in.
"You have to be logical," Tupac said. "If I know in this hotel room they have food every day. And I'm knocking on the door every day to eat. And they open the door and let me see the party. Let me see them throwing salami...throwing food around, but they're telling me there's no food in here.
Every day, I'm standing outside trying to sing my way in. 'We are hungry please let us in.' After about a week that song's 'gon change to, "We hungry, we need some food.' After two or three weeks it's like, 'Gimme some food or we're breaking down the door!' After a year you're just like, 'I'm picking the lock coming through the door blasting,' Pac continued. "It's like you're hungry, you done reached your level, you don't want anymore. We asked ten years ago. We was asking with the [Black] Panthers. We was asking with the civil rights movement. Those people that were asking are now all dead and in jail. Now what do you think we're gonna do? And we shouldn't be angry? And My raps that I'm rapping to my community shouldn't be filled with rage? They shouldn't be filled with the same atrocities that they gave to me? And the media don't talk about it, so in my raps I have to talk about it."


Post a Comment

0 Comments