Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Vybz Kartel Says He Was Betrayed By Popcaan & Tommy Lee + Denies Being Beaten In Jail


Incarcerated deejay Vybz Kartel has rubbished allegations of being beaten behind bars. According to the self-proclaimed world boss, he is in high spirits and is focused on the journey set before him courtesy of local authorities.
"I want the fans to know that I am physically okay. I have never been stabbed, kicked, punched or beaten and I did not try to commit suicide. Jail is undoubtedly, unquestionably the worst place to be on this planet called Earth, but as it relates to my encounters with the correctional officers at the institution, I have no complaints," he said in a letter addressed to The STAR.
The artiste says he has received continued support from his parents and his common-law wife and babymother during his tribulation; however, he remains disappointed with some of his former musical associates.
"Despite being denied bail recently, and being betrayed by Popcaan and Tommy Lee whilst going through the darkest hour of my existence, I am unparalleled in my determination to remain positive. I do a lot of reading and writing and usually try to exercise." he said.
His book, The Voice of The Jamaican Ghetto co-authored by Michael Dawson of People's Telecom fame, received favourable feedback in places like Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Bulgaria, Chile and Amsterdam, and recently spiralled a debate from literature enthusiasts about whether it should be included in the CXC syllabus. As a recording artiste, Vybz Kartel remains current and relevant in the dancehall genre, receiving the Artiste of the Year awards for both Youth View and Portmore Awards, respectively.
"I would like to thank all my fans who have been behind me in my time of peril and unjust prosecution. Thanks for your continued support of my music, making me the recipient of Youth View's Deejay of the years 2011 and 2012 as well as Portmore Awards 2012, plus voting countless songs to the number-one spot on the reggae/dancehall charts worldwide," he said.
Kartel has been in custody since September 2011. He and his co-accused are to return to the Home Circuit Court on May 27 when it is expected that their trial will begin. The artiste and accomplices are alleged to have murdered Clive 'Lizard' Williams at Vybz Kartel's home in Havendale, St Andrew, on August 16, 2011.

Post a Comment

0 Comments