Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Black Thought Of The Roots Speaks On The Time He Almost Slapped The Sh*t Out Of Nas




Video 
Nas and Black Thought of The Roots will go down as two of the greatest emcees of our time. Though they are cool now, there was a time when the two weren't seeing eye to eye.

In some interview he made a comment about how wack it was for us to do the movie Bamboozled with Spike Lee and ‘how you gonna call yourself The Roots and Black Thought or something and you’re portraying a group called The Alabama Porch Monkeys in Spike Lee’s movie with the ball and chain?’” Black Thought told Complex's Combat Jack. “Nas was spazzing out on a lot of people during that point in time because he was losing his mom. He had actual beef during that time and this was just a comment he made about The Roots I hadn't interacted with him up until that point.”


Black Thought was heated at the comment Nas made. He later got the chance to meet him and was prepared for anything.

"There was a show one night with Talib Kweli and I think he invited Nas, and he invited me. And we were all there in the building together. I had a chance to meet Nas and he explained to me that it wasn’t coming from a personal place and he basically apologized. He told me he was going through it. He lost his mom. I totally relate to that, I lost my mom when I was 17. She’s a murder victim. Both my parents are murder victims, got killed in Philly. I was ready for whatever," Black Thought explained of his thought process before things got worked out. "I was gonna take Nas out that night. When I heard he was gonna be there, you think a lot things. Should I just slap the sh*t outta Nas? Because I know word of that will get around. But before any of that could go down he defused it."

http://www.complex.com/tv/shows/combat-jack/black-thought-on-meeting-questlove-and-beefing-with-nas-combat-jack-episode-1-complex-tv#ooid=8xcWk0YjqpIft8zYEZkz_oRfrMAB5jcM


Post a Comment

0 Comments